November came with a new twist this year. While I’ve gotten writing 50,000 words in 30 days down to a science, this was a first for me. I didn’t only write 50,000 words, I also edited an entire novel in just over two weeks. 89,000 words edited. 50,000 written. My head is just now starting to stop spinning.

I’ve been signed with a publisher for my superhero series. Children of Nostradamus will be published in March, but along with it being published, it still needed a few waves of editing. I wasn’t prepared for how much work it would take. I edit all day every day with my students, but this was more than a small five-page paper a student wrote. It was nearly 400 pages of editing. I did it.

Then it was time to write an entirely new novel. Things got weird part way through an entirely new series. I found myself in a situation where I couldn’t separate my mood from the work I was editing and what should have been a lighthearted comedy turned dark fast. These characters that should have been cracking jokes, and laughing at the absurdity of their lives were bottomless pits of need. I made it 20,000 into a story and decided to put a pin in it. It’ll be an awesome story, but not right now.

So that brought me back to the final book in the Suburban Zombie High Trilogy. It’s moving along and I anticipate it going to the beta readers soon. I think they’re getting angry that I don’t write it faster. I’m excited that people want to find out the fate of these characters. It was definitely fun to start writing them again. March is looking like the ballpark for a bunch of books. We’ll see what happens, until then, I’m off to edit and write like a bandit.